Director: Qian-Chun Yu, MD, PhD
The Cancer Histology Core is a research-oriented shared resource supported by the Abramson Cancer Center. It offers all histology-related services to all members of the Abramson Cancer Center with high quality, low cost, fast turnout, and easy interaction.
The Cancer Histology Core offers the following services:
- Research sample preparation, including paraffin embedding, sectioning, and HE staining
- Special histochemical staining
- Immunolabeling of selected antigens
- Basic EM sample preparation
In addition to these laboratory services, the Core provides consulting for investigators in areas including:
- Experimental design
- Histologic sample collection
- Protocol development and testing
- Group teaching and seminars on histo-preparation
- Assistance in development of grant proposals requiring histotechnology
The Cancer Histology Core is located in Biomedical Research Building (BRB) II/III, Room 549.
Qian-Chun Yu, MD, PhD
You can also visit the Core's website: https://somapps.med.upenn.edu/pbr/portal/hist/